Skip to content
|Strawberry Rhubarb Pie || || |
Recipe type: Dessert
- 2 c. fresh rhubarb, cut into 7-inch pieces
- 2 c. sliced strawberries
- 1½ c. sugar
- ⅓ c. flour
- ½ tsp. almond extract
- pinch of salt
- pastry for 2 - 9" piecrusts
- 2 Tbsp. butter, cut into pieces
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F
- Mix together gently the rhubarb, strawberries, sugar, flour, almond extract, and salt
- Line a 9" pie pan with pastry, put fruit mixture into the pan. Dot with butter.
- Cover with a pastry crust. Brush the crust with milk and sprinkle with sugar
- Bake for 40 to 50 minutes, until fruit is tender and the crust is lightly browned.