Nectarine, Pear, and Plum Varietiees Browse our range of many other fruits available at Flinchbaugh's.
Have a more pronounced flavor than peaches and NO fuzz! Nectarines are ripe when they yield to gentle pressure. Once ripe, they can be kept in the refrigerator for up to a week. No need to peel them before eating!
- Artic Jay: white flesh; freestone; low acid
- Fantasia: yellow flesh: freestone
- Jade: white flesh; freestone; low acid
Pears are juicy with both a unique sweet and citrus-like flavor. Fresh pears are delicious eaten after gently washing the skin by running it under cool water and patting it dry. Do not peel the fruit; eat the entire pear!
- Bartlett: great to slice, bake or can
- Housui Asian: mild, sweet and juicy
Plums the taste of the plum fruit ranges from sweet to tart; the skin itself may be particularly tart. It is juicy and can be eaten fresh or used in jam making or other recipes.
- Long John: good for snacking, canning and drying
- Satsuma: sweet, mild,not tart. Excellent for jam
- Shiro: golden yellow; good for eating and canning
- Stanley Prune: good for snacking, canning and drying