|Strawberry Blintzes|| |
Recipe type: Dessert
A great dessert or brunch entrée. Crepes are filled with delicious strawberry filling and then rolled and baked.
- 12 crepes
- 4 Tbsp. (2 oz) cream cheese
- 1 egg yolk
- ⅛ tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 tsp. grated lemon zest
- ½ c. sugar
- 1½ c. cottage cheese
- ½ c. ricotta cheese
- 4 c. sliced fresh strawberries
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Prepare crepes and set aside
- Combine cream cheese, egg yolk, salt, vanilla, juice, zest and sugar in a food processor or mixing bowl; process until well blended.
- Add cottage cheese and ricotta. Using the pulsing action on the processor, process for 3 short pulses; in a mixing bowl, mix gently until the cheese is just blended but not soupy.
- Stir 2 cups of strawberries into cheese mixture
- Spoon ½ cup of the cheese mixture into each crepe. Fold in the sides and roll the crepe to make an envelope that completely encloses the filling. Place seam side down in a greased baking dish big enough to hold all the blintzes in a single layer. Cover the dish with foil and bake for 20 minutes or until hot
- Remove from oven and sprinkle with the remaining strawberries. Serve at once