|Rhubarb Sour Cream Pie || || |
Recipe type: Dessert
Author: Diane Page (from Allrecipes.com)
"A creamy sweet-tart tang!"
- 1 9" unbaked pie crust
- 4 c. chopped fresh rhubarb
- 1 egg
- ½ c. white sugar
- 1 c. sour cream
- ⅓ c. all-purpose flour
- ½ c. all-purpose flour
- ½ c. brown sugar
- ¼ c. butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F
- Press pie crust into a 9" pie pan
- Spread rhubarb in an even layer in the bottom of the crust
- In medium bowl, whisk egg, white sugar, sour cream and ⅓ cup of flour until smooth
- Pour over rhubarb
- In small bowl, mix together ½ cup of flour and brown sugar
- Stir in melted butter until mixture is crumbly
- Sprinkle over top of pie
- Bake for 15 minutes, then reduce heat to 350 degrees F.
- Continue to bake for 40 minutes or until the edges have puffed and the topping is golden (the center may still be slightly jiggly)
- Cool completely before slicing and serving.